The SylWrap Pipe Repair Contractor Case contains enough products to carry out up to six emergency live leak repairs on pipes of all types and diameters in under 30 minutes.
It has been designed for regular users, offering a cheaper cost per repair than when buying individual Pipe Repair Kits. The red Case itself is robust and easy to store both on the van and on site.
Whenever an emergency pipe repair is required, the user simply has to reach for the Case, where they will find everything they need to permanently fix a burst or leaking pipe.
SylWrap Contractor Cases have been approved for use by several of the United Kingdom’s water companies, who keep cases on their vans for carrying out emergency live leak repairs to burst pipes and water mains. The case offers a simple to use, more versatile and lightweight alternative to heavy pipe repair clamps.
Repairs can be made to pipes of any size made from copper, PVC plastics, steel, stainless steel, malleable iron, GRP, ceramic, clay, concrete, lead, and rubber.
All the products in the Contractor Case have been WRAS approved and so can be used safely on pipes carrying drinking water. Repairs are pressure resistant up to 30 bar, temperature resistant to 200ºC and can be performed on pipes carrying hot and cold water and chemicals.
SylWrap Pipe Repair Contractor Case details – How to carry out an emergency pipe repair
Each Contractor Case contains Superfast Epoxy Putty, Wrap & Seal Pipe Burst Tape and SylWrap HD Pipe Repair Bandages.
Superfast Epoxy is a hand-kneaded putty which is applied to pipework to help seal the leak. It removes step from joints and facilitates the application of Wrap & Seal. To use a Superfast Epoxy Stick, you cut off the amount of putty required and mix it by hand until it turns a uniform colour before applying it to the area of pipe requiring repair.
Wrap & Seal Pipe Burst Tape is a waterproof repair tape which stretches by 300%. It is made from self-fusing silicone and when wrapped over pipework, fuses into a solid rubber band which seals the leak.
Multiple Wrap & Seals can build a repair with high pressure resistance. To calculate the number of Wrap & Seal Tapes that are required for a specific application, please use the Repair Calculator tab.
SylWrap HD Pipe Repair Bandage is a fibreglass repair wrap with a water-activated resin. It is wrapped over the Pipe Burst Tape and will set rock-hard, providing an impact resistant, protective layer over the initial repair.
There are 11 different variations of the Contractor Case available. Each Case contains different product quantities for the repair of different pipe sizes. For an exact breakdown of what each Case contains and the pipe diameters Sylmasta recommend its use with, please see the Size Guide.
If you require further information about the most suitable Contractor Case for your type of application, please contact Sylmasta and a technician will be happy to advise. If you do not see a Contractor Case listed which meets your requirements, Sylmasta can also offer customised Contractor Cases tailor made to your specific needs.
Benefits of a SylWrap Pipe Repair Contractor Case
- Contains enough products to carry out up to six live leak repairs at a cheaper cost per repair than purchasing individual kits
- Easy to store on site or on the van. As soon as an emergency pipe repair is required, the Case is there to repair the problem
- Repairs can be carried out in under 30 minutes by simply following the instructions provided
- Offers a low-cost alternative to hiring a contractor or seeking replacement parts
- Copper pipe repair, PVC plastic pipe repair, steel pipe repair, iron pipe repair, GRP pipe repair, ceramic pipe repair, concrete pipe repair, lead pipe repair, rubber pipe repair
- Regular users who require speed and ease of use, such as water companies, treatment works, petrochemical plants and oil rigs
- WRAS approved for repairs to pipes carrying drinking water
- High pressure repairs up to 30bar and extreme temperature repairs to 200ºC