This statement sets out the steps that Sylmasta continuously takes to ensure modern slavery is not taking place within our business or supply chain in accordance with section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Human trafficking and modern slavery are a blight on our society. We at Sylmasta are committed to taking every measure we can, no matter how small, to ensure our business and our wider supply chain are free from this. Staff are expected to report concerns and management are expected to act upon them.
Sylmasta are a manufacturer and supplier of resinous products such as pastes, putties and resins for industrial repair and maintenance applications. We are a small but ambitious business with an open culture with free communication between everyone.
Our Policies on Slavery and Human Trafficking
Sylmasta are committed to acting ethically, with integrity and with transparency in all business dealings and to putting effective policies and systems in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain:
- Social Accountability Policy -This policy outlines our strategy to ensure discrimination and modern slavery is not present in our organisation and the behaviours expected of all employees to comply with relevant laws and our high ethical standards.
- Supplier Code of Conduct -We have high ethical standards and we expect our suppliers to share the same standards. This policy outlines our expectations of our suppliers that we expect our suppliers to adhere to. We risk assess areas of the business we believe to be of higher risk and select our suppliers very carefully, preferring to use suppliers on our approved lists first.
- Due Diligence -When working with a new supplier, we will make appropriate checks to ensure:
a. The supplier is financially stable
b. The supplier is REACH compliant and is free to trade within the UK and EU
c. Is fully compliant with relevant rules, regulations and standards
d. Agrees to be bound by our supplier code of conduct, this includes our ethics and commitment to ensure no forms of modern slavery or human trafficking are being implemented
e. As part of our supplier code of conduct, we require suppliers to perform necessary due diligence on suppliers in their supply chain to ensure compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and other regional regulations for trading
- Recruitment Policy -We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees to safeguard against human trafficking or individuals being forced to work against their will.
- Open Communication -All employees are made aware that they can report any concern to senior management, in public or in confidence, and this will be acted upon. This extends to whether a colleague is being bullied or mistreated, for which there is zero tolerance in our organisation.
- Zero Discrimination Policy -We operate a zero discrimination policy through every stage of employment from hiring, remuneration, access to training, promotion, termination and retirement.
I, the company director, take responsibility for ensuring that we as a company follow the policies outlined in this document.