General Data Protection Regulation
Sylmasta only store personal data in order to process orders and make future orders quicker and easier, and to provide technical and safety information. Sylmatsta use personal data for marketing purposes only if you opt-in to our mailing list.
The right to be forgotten.
All individuals have the right to be forgotten. If Sylmasta store personal data on an individual then this is most likely from an account or order they have placed in the past. Sylmasta would like to request you keep your information as up to date as possible by logging in to your account and amending any incorrect data.
If you would like to have your personal data deleted then please contact Sylmasta using the contact page of this website.
Access the data Sylmasta hold on you
To have any personal data held by Sylmasta emailed to you, please contact Sylmasta. Data will only be sent to the email that is registered to the account.
If you cannot remember your email address, please contact Sylmasta on (+44) 01444 831459 to pass the security questions to access your data.
Please note Sylmasta keep no sensitive data related to their customers. If you would like to request your data be sent to you, please fill in the form on the contact page of this website.
Privacy Statement for Sylmasta
Sylmasta Ltd is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Please read the following privacy statement to understand how your personal information will be treated when you use or register on the Sylmasta site, speak to a member of customer services, visit or otherwise interact with Sylmasta.
What personal information does Sylmasta collect?
Sylmasta collects personal information from you when you provide it directly or through your use of the Sylmasta website, for example:
- Information about yourself and the company you work for, when you register for an account with Sylmasta. This may include your name and contact details, your company name and company details, information about your role in the company, and how you heard about the site.
- Transaction, billing and delivery information, if you make a purchase with Sylmasta or contract for one of Sylmasta’s solutions or services.
- Records of your interactions with Sylmasta, e.g. if you send email feedback via the Sylmasta website, ask a technical question, report a problem or otherwise contact Sylmasta. Please note that if you telephone Sylmasta, we may record the call for compliance, quality and staff training purposes.
- If you respond to one of Sylmasta’s customer surveys or enter into a competition.
- If you interact with one of Sylmasta’s sales agents, for example trade show or customer premises.
- Sylmasta may also record certain details of how you use the Sylmasta website, such as the website you came from or are going to, your device’s unique ID, your IP addresses and operating system, adverts you click on, products you search for, products you purchase, and information you download. Marketing emails Sylmasta send you may also automatically detect whether you have received or opened the email or clicked on a link in Sylmasta’s marketing materials. Sylmasta use this information for our own performance measurement, but also so that Sylmasta can tailor promotional messages and advertising to you.
How does Sylmasta use my personal information?
Depending on how you use Sylmasta, your interactions with Sylmasta, and the permissions you give Sylmasta, Sylmasta will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your order and/or provide you with the services you have contracted for.
- To maintain your online account with Sylmasta.
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to Sylmasta’s customer service team.
- To personalise Sylmasta to you and show you content Sylmasta may think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain Sylmasta, and monitor its usage.
- For market research, e.g. Sylmasta may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where Sylmasta have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect Sylmasta and third parties.
- To comply with Sylmasta’s legal and regulatory obligations.
Sylmasta rely on the following legal bases, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
- Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, Sylmasta take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with Sylmasta, Sylmasta use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
- Because it is in the legitimate interests of Sylmasta and your company, where you are submitting orders on your company’s behalf.
- Because Sylmasta have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact Sylmasta with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing).
- Because it is in Sylmasta’s legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote services. Sylmasta are always seeking to understand more about their customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. Sylmasta use information about you to tailor your view of Sylmasta, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
With whom does Sylmasta share my personal information?
Sylmasta needs to share information with certain selected third parties in order to operate our business:
- Service Providers: Sylmasta provide information to service providers acting on their behalf (for example to companies that provide digital marketing services like product recommendation, statistical analysis, business & operational insight, website optimisation), as well as to those third parties involved in the delivery chain (for example freight forwarders, couriers and delivery companies). On occasion, Sylmasta also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors.
- Government Authorities: Where you order is due for delivery outside the UK, Sylmasta may need to share information with customs authorities both in the UK and in the country of destination. Sylmasta may also share personal information with law enforcement or other governmental authority, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
- Credit & Fraud Checking: Sylmasta may share information with credit reference agencies and with third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- Media: From time to time, Sylmasta may release aggregated and anonymised marketing statistics to business partners, or may use these in press releases, advertising, or published reports. Sylmasta would only personally identify you or any other customer in such press releases, advertising, or reports with your prior consent.
- Business or Asset Sale: In the event that Sylmasta sell any business assets, the personal information of customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, Sylmasta will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy statement.
Sylmasta may also disclose personal information in cases where they believe the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Sylmasta, their customers, employees or the public, or where Sylmasta are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
Where does Sylmasta store my personal information, and how long for?
Sylmasta uses service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law.
If Sylmasta transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area, Sylmasta will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards. Please contact Sylmasta if you would like more information about these safeguards.
Sylmasta keep your personal information for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions. For example, where you have made a purchase with Sylmasta, Sylmasta will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes.
Where Sylmasta no longer have a need to keep your information, Sylmasta will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from Sylmasta marketing communications, Sylmasta will keep a record of your email address to ensure they do not send you marketing emails in future.
What does Sylmasta do to protect my personal information?
Sylmasta always aim to deliver the highest level of service and security to their customers and Sylmasta’s website has been specifically designed with security in mind.
In order to ensure the security and protection of your personal details whenever you submit any sensitive information such as credit card number and account details, Sylmasta use the following security methods:
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption – the latest technology to encode and protect your data – which is your guarantee for a safe and secure transaction.
- If sensitive credit card information is stored on Sylmasta’s in-house systems it is also held in encrypted format.
Your Sylmasta Account Information and Sylmasta Personal Profile are password-protected so that you and only you have access to this personal information. You may edit your Sylmasta Account Information and Sylmasta Personal Profile by using your Sylmasta username and password and by clicking on the Update My Details button on your home page navigation bar. Sylmasta recommend that you do not divulge your personal information.